Menu maintenance order sequence... found duplicate!

I was modifying the menu maintenance form in order to add more info when creating new menus. (Requestor, Functional description, BAQ’s used etc… ) all in UD Fields.

Trying to save to use the version 1, under System setup/security maintenance: I got this message:

Duplicate Order Sequence for this parent menu ID.

I was surprised as I did not add any new menu! To find out that two menus are sharing the same numeric 10 as it’s sequence order…

Menu maintenance and Account lockout Policy.

OK I know it is easy to rectify… but I was wandering if anyone noticed it…

And as a non-important bug…is it worth it to open a ticket to let Epicor know… I noticed the same in 10.2.500 that we have set up to test …

Pierre

I have been doing some research on menu maintenance lately.
It is possible that one of the modules you don’t own is holding that spot on the menu.
For example AMM may have a menu that doesn’t show to you, but it is there.
If you do a BAQ on the table ‘menu’ you may see the culprit.

BTW - For the cloud installs, in order to apply customizations, you do create “duplicates” when you have to copy the menu to the current company to apply a customization.

1 Like

Those menus…are base Epicor System Menu items and from the DB here are the result:

When I copy a menu (I do it all the time when I add a new one… ) the sequence number, if you do not change it, upon saving, you will get the duplicate error message.
It will not save without you changing this number to a unique value.

That is why I was surprised to see both menus having the same number…

We are on prem, under Cloud, does it allows you to save with same value sequence id?