Mass price updates to existing orders reverting back to previous pri

Hello,

Â

We are running Epicor 9.05.702A (progress).

Â

Our company does quarterly updates to pricing on hundreds of open blanket orders in Epicor. We are seeing that a small portion of the orders that have had the pricing updated revert back to their previous price after new releases are received in via the import EDI process in demand management. I have compared the sales orders, demand contracts, demand entry and price list information for a sample of the parts and nothing seems to differ between the items that revert back to previous pricing and the items that remain and the updated price.Â

Â

Does anyone using demand management update pricing on existing orders in their system or know the “best practice” for doing so? Epicor support advised that this is not currently a function it is designed to handle and that this “could be considered an enhancement”.

Â

My current process to make these changes is:

Â

1)     Paste update new prices into an existing price list for the customer I am changing. (The price list always remains correct, we do not use quantity breaks or multiple currencies)

2)Â Â Â Â Â Run a BAQ to find all open orders for the parts on the new price list and copy to excel.

3)Â Â Â Â Â Copy the information from the BAQ with updated pricing to my DMT template

4)Â Â Â Â Â Use DMT to update all existing orders

5)Â Â Â Â Â Run BAQ again and confirm all prices have changed (this has always been correct and leads me to believe this is not DMT related)

6)     Open the demand contract and update the pricing for each part. (I have had the same issues whether I change these prices or not, I am unsure what impact these demand contract prices have on my process-I still have not determined if this is necessary)

Â

After completing this process all of the order will have the desired price. The next time that I receive in new demand, inevitably some of the orders will revert back to the price that was on the orders prior to me using DMT to update the price on the orders.

Â

Any information or suggestions on process changes to get the prices to hold on to the new price or workarounds would be appreciated.

Â

Thank you in advance,

Â

Mike Bale

Project Manager

D&H Industries

Ph:Â (262) 354-1305

Fx:Â (262) 569-1702

mbale@...

Â

Visit our Website! www.dhmetalstamping.com