Mass PO Print Break Routing, attach a PDF to each outgoing email

Hi all,

I have a break routing print style that when someone Mass Prints from PO entry, it stores the PO PDF to DocStar, also attaches it to an outgoing email to the vendor. Works flawlessly. No questions there. I was tasked with making sure a PDF of our PO Terms and Conditions is also attached to each email.
I have tried importing it into DocStar but the Take DocStar Attachment action cannot find it.
I created a simple SSRS report where I just created one large text box and pasted the document text into it. I then created a SSRS report style pointing to the report on my SSRS server but I cannot report to it.
Any ideas? Anyone done this? Or maybe I am overthinking it? Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

That use case was included in the requirements for the APR module. The suggestion for handling this is:

• Attach the PO Terms PDF to the Company Record (or if they vary by Customer, attach to the Customer record)
  • During Breaking and Routing, Fetch the Terms PDF from the Company / Customer using the value ā€œin-scopeā€ in the Routing and the Static name of the document.
1 Like

You could also just put your terms and conditions on your PO style (as another page).

1 Like

Rich,

You make it sound so easy. lol It is not working for me? Do you have a link to a resource by chance? Iā€™m thinking that maybe it is because Company isnā€™t showing up here? If so, I donā€™t know how to make it show up.

Thanks,
Chris

This is the rest of the Take DocStar attachment config. I do not see where I can or need to enter ā€œin-scopeā€ either.

This UI shows the tables of the report you are processing, so it should not contain table Company.
The idea is that you take row from your report table, probably POHeader, then use value of that row in the Take Attachment.
I think you need to change SysROwID column to another value (Keys?) and then specify that key value, in your case just Company value.

If I change to key fields and the click designed value, it says No keys values need to be specified for the table.

right, because Company value is taked from session, and it is the only key field for that table.
Will it work like this? Obvisouly only one company will be used.

Hereā€™s what ours looks like. The ā€˜designedā€™ value is blank. Breaking is done on Quotenum.

1 Like

This is crazy. I dummied the break routing way down. Break on PONum and VendorID, check to see if the PO is open, Take DocStar attachment trying to grab the Company placed terms and conditions and then send email. It still sends me the PO!

You can enable ā€œprofile://ice/fw/printroutingā€ flag in AppServer.config and it will print the detailed info of APR steps.

1 Like