Mass issue to Manufacturing BPM at customer Shipment entry

I am wanting to create a BPM to do a Mass issue to manufacturing to a job that is linked to the sales order line of the parts being shipped.
i am trying to eliminate the manual entry that is being performed when the job is complete. we are not using MES
clocking any operations, so i cannot just back flush the material.

anyone have a similar situation?

We also don’t use a MES, any labor tracking, or even close Jobs. So we to find ourselves creating shipments prior to all the materials being issued.

Is the Mass Issue process too long for you? Or are you just trying to prevent the shipments of jobs that the Mass issue was missed on?

im trying to eliminate the manual process of mass issue. One sales order could have 5 jobs on it.

I have written similar solutions in the past. It’s just a matter of tracing the manual process of the Mass Issue, then replicating it in code using adapter or BO (BO in your case in a BPM)

Is every shipment for 100% of the order qty?

We’ve run into issues where we issue enough materials to make some of the job, and ship those before issuing anymore. It messes up the unit cost - unless you report qty’s.

yes its 100%. we dont ship until the order is complete due to the high shipping costs.

Were you able to get this working? I believe I’m trying to do the same thing. I’ve made a post-processing directive on CustShip.UpdateMaster. However when I add the Mass Issue Tableset I get the following compile error.

There is at least one compilation error.
UpdateMaster.CommonTypes.cs(375,33): error CS0433: The type 'LegalNumGenOptsTable' exists in both         
'Erp.Contracts.BO.CustShip, Version=10.2.200.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d3fa3c7105d7992' and 
'Erp.Contracts.BO.MassIssueToMfg, Version=10.2.200.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d3fa3c7105d7992'

no. i stopped working on this.

Darn. Looks like I’ll have to go the external method route. I’ll update if I have any success. Thanks.

What is external method route? And good luck!

@OnurCam External methods are DLLs compiled from C# or VB. I’m not very knowledgeable with them, the embedded help has a section on them if you need a starting point though.

I have managed to make some progress, but it’s kinda a silly hack. I use a post-process on CustShip.UpdateMaster to parse a list of the jobs that require materials issued then calling UD110.UpdateExt to put that list onto the UD table. Then a post-process on UD110.UpdateExt uses the changed rows to call Mass Issue methods.

1 Like

@asalvatore Thanks for the explanation. I don’t have enough technical knowledge to understand it though. I’m glad you made it work!

That sounds like a cool hack especially for people who are not much into programming DLLs. I will try to use it in another area where we had the same issue.

Vinay

Wow over 2 years of experience and I only understand like %10 more of what you mean. I need to learn more about the UD tables and Mass issue method :confused:

I think your answer have enough clues for me to start trying something, Thanks again from the future!

Happy to be able to help. It’s not too complicated though! It gives a nice log of all the submitting to mass issuance which is nice too. The only difference from my original reply was that I’m utilizing the job adjustments rather than mass issue to manufacturing.To break it down a little bit further:

• Post processing method directive on CustShip.UpdateMaster

• Checks which jobs need materials issued to them
    • Parses job numbers, shipment quantities (Will need to track an “unship” too if somebody unchecks the box to correct a pack), if the line is shipped complete, and some other reference info like date for the jobs that need issuance
    • Posts these records to UD110 via UD110.UpdateExt
  • Post Processing on UD110.UpdateExt

• Parses the job numbers and quantities posted to UD110 from the post processing on CustShip.UpdateMaster
    • Uses those job numbers to post to job adjustments

Here is the CustShip.UpdateMaster Method Directive:

The method validates the ship state of the pack (just shipped/just unshipped). Uses it to set a flip, checks that there are valid lines on the shipment. Populates the UD110. Populates a job entry table, ensures that the jobs are set as engineered and released. Ensures UD110 has records, posts them, and then displays a message if there was any error.

Here is the post processing method directive on UD110.UpdateExt

It starts by populating the jobs that were just submitted into the jobs table. Then the StartAdjusments and GetAvailTranDocTypes methods of JobAdjustment are run. The adjustment quantity is then populated from the UD110 entries to the job adjustment table. Jobs are marked complete if line was marked complete. The JALabourDtl table is populated. The Validate rate method is run, the output message is checked if it is not null, displayed if it. Lastly these records are posted using the below code.

var jobAdj = Ice.Assemblies.ServiceRenderer.GetService<Erp.Contracts.JobAdjustmentSvcContract>(Db);
foreach (var job in (JobAdjustTable.Jobs)){
jobAdj.CommitLaborAdj(ref JobAdjustTable);
}

Again this is really a hack and I do believe that the external method route would be better (or perhaps the issue will eventually get resolved and you won’t have to work around) but it does work.

1 Like

What BO and method did you build this off of in the past? We were thinking of triggering it off of a job update and using the BO.MassIssueToMFG.

You can use MassIssue or you can simply use IssueReturn assuming you are writing all the logic yourself.