Make To Order field

Hello folks…

We’re a simple manufacturer that is automating many features of our unique manufacturing-to-consumer flow into Epicor via the API. Right now, our ecommerce orders are being produced at a separate warehouse from our OEM/dealer orders.

While OEM/dealer orders are created by hand as they come in, we currently have a fully custom integration between our ecomm PaaS and Epicor (creation of SalesOrder, POs and Jobs) as orders are created.

For the orders that contain built-on-demand manufactured parts, we create jobs. However, I’m trying to determine if there’s a way for me to denote WHERE the part will be produced. These are shared manufactured parts that can be built in three different warehouse locations. I want to set a value that tells production which warehouse (eg. ecommerce vs. OEM) to make it at.

So, while looking at the Job Entry screen, I can see “Prod Team” which might suit this need. I also see “Warehouse” in the Make To Order tab which might also work (don’t know the impact of setting that value). Or maybe there’s an easier way that I’m unfamiliar with.

Any thoughts? Thanks! :+1:

I’ve been experimenting with this. It seems to be controlled by OrderRel.Plant, which appears in the classic UI in the “From” section on the Release tab of Order Entry.

And just to make sure we’re on the same page with terminology, you don’t make things at warehouses, you make them at sites, a.k.a. plants, and inventory them in warehouses. Sites have warehouses.

Yeah … for us warehouses are a 1:1 for production and inventory/stock. Plants bring in a whole other level of complexity we don’t need.

I just determined that I can’t specify the warehouse for production parts on the Make To Order (which is derived from the SO Order Release) where I usually set the warehouse to pick from on stocked parts. :unamused:

So… looks like maybe using the Production Team field might be the field to use. I was hoping for something more “natural” …