Make Custom Search Prompt

I am trying to make a BAQ into a search prompt - rather than using a traditional adapter. This is because the columns I need to search / filter with are not in the adapter. So I made a BAQ that I could use with a quick search… and even setup the quick search, but the quick search does not seem to give me the ability to pass a parameter to it to pre-filter the results based on say a part number.

End goal: Search PO Releases that are received and whose part number = 123456.

I haven’t tried it but you might be able to use Markup Syntax as a criteria in the BAQ.
This is covered in the first chapter of the ICE Tools User Guide. There are different ways to do it depending on the context. Typically, I have to play around with it until I find the right syntax.
It’s sometimes called BAQ Markup.
Something similar can be used for UD Combo fields and I think it’s covered in the Classic Customization Guide.
The trick in your case is you are in a search, I’d do a trace and see what is in context for you to be able to use. Maybe somehow snag the Part Number on the Search call and get the value in scope of the earch somehow to use it.
Another trick I’ve used is using a BPM when the Search is submitted and adjusting whereClause (if there is one) or other Search Parameters. Not sure if any of that helps.

This was one of the things I was looking for and never did find. Thank you!