Maintenance Module

Hello folks, we are currently planning to implement the Maintenance module in EPICOR to do regular maintenance and PM jobs. We built a Maintenance Dashboard where everyone can see open and closed jobs as well as who is working on a job.
The issue is with PM jobs where an equipment might have weekly or monthly jobs as small as checking oil level or cleaning. Tried to couple some jobs still its a lot of jobs.
The technicians sometimes doesn’t get time to open jobs and start activity in MES, which give us duration.
How can we efficiently use this module to do PM jobs? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

We use the maintenance module for both reactive and PPM jobs. The dashboard I built separates out PPM jobs onto another tab to aid visibility of reactive jobs in the list. I also show the Request Queue on the same dashboard, giving a full picture of what’s happening.

The only complaint from my engineering team is with regards how it does the PPM jobs. They wish for it to create a job each week for equipment with a PPM schedule of weekly. This isn’t how Epicor functions - it will create a new job only once the current job is closed, and it then does another job 1 week on from that. I pointed out that if you’ve not done 1 done, why go on to raise another 1, 2, 3 etc. Tracking of PPM schedule compliance is therefore a calculation of how many jobs have been closed within a period, versus how many would have been expected.

I am considering changing this behaviour by means of an SSIS script that would run at midnight each night, and close any other due PPM jobs - using DMT to make the change automatically - I would set a flag on the JobHead via a custom field to show that it wasn’t completed, it was closed out by system automatically. I can then build a KPI via in EDD that shows PPM schedule compliance, just by showing which jobs were closed by user and which by the system.

5 Likes

How do you manage reactive work? We use IQS currently and are in the process of moving into Epicor but don’t see a way to enter reactive work.

We use the Maintenance Request Queue functionality. Anybody on site can submit a request, I’ve then used BPMs to alert engineers via email. They can either accept or reject the request. If accepted, it becomes a maintenance job.

An engineer can also raise a maintenance job manually if they get called to a breakdown etc.

2 Likes

Are you tracking time with maintenance jobs? In the situation of getting called out to a problem, the technician would go fix the issue and then enter the time afterwards. In IQS, when you enter a reactive work entry you can specify the start time and end time.

Nope, not currently tracking time spent. Could easily do so though either by a UD field on the JobHead, exposed on the resolution screen to ask engineer for that info. Or using the standard operations on the Job, and then Time and Expense Entry.

I had set it up so that all reactive jobs were created with a template that had a single operation on it called repair. So a technician was able to log into every job that got created.

1 Like

Same here. Got email sent to the specific department (Mecanic, Building etc…) as soon as a new request is entered.
Then when approved / or not… another email is sent to the requestor .

Time is entered via Time and Expense module.
Pierre