Maintenance Jobs

Hi

I’m missing the obvious. We’re just starting to use the Maintenance Jobs module. I’ve got an engineered, released job. Which screen do I use to complete the operations, and mark the job as complete?

Thanks
Mark

You can use standard screens for this. Time and Expense Entry or MES for tracking time and completing the operations.

labor type needs to be setup, report qty needs to be 1

So I did try that screen, but was selecting Service as the Type – which results in an error, but leave it at Production and it’s happy. Strange, but thank you.

On the assumption that you guys are using maintenance module, have you done any customisations to make it simpler for your engineers? T+E Entry screen is very busy, can’t help but think I need to create a more simple version just for this purpose. I’ve already created a dashboard showing engineering jobs and associated status.

Also found that jobs created by the maintenance plan processor are created without being engineered and released, that’ll need a BPM.

create an updateable dashboard like the job status maintenance form only for ‘maintenance’ jobs, you can also streamline other activities in there as well. I also recommend an MES End Activity customization to interact with jobs as well, meter reading, closing jobs etc… the module is nice but greener than a grannie smith in june…