Maintenance Job Operation Reporting Resources

I’ve recently been setting up our maintenance module and have encountered a problem. It seems like each individual machine (equipment) requires individual operations added for it with that machine as the reporting resource so it can be blocked out for maintenance jobs. The template job for this machine would then be constructed using operations for the machines.

This process will be extremely tedious resulting in hundreds of maintenance operations to be entered and edited.

Is there any method to create universal operations that can be used for any scheduled resource and that would just make the reporting resource the machine in the equipment specified by the job?

I just went through and added preventative maintenance to all of our machines, and it is a pain to do manually. I have an operation “Maintenance” that is the same on each job, but then the scheduling resource is all that changed for different machines.

Do you have access to DMT? If so, you can just put all the data in excel, then import it in. It will save you a ton of time.

Yes I was planning on using DMT import if there wasn’t a better way to do this. Thanks for confirming!

That is just my experience. I wasn’t thrilled when I saw how much work it takes ><