Maintenance / equipment / meter: how to auto record meter readings based on Current qty completed on an Op / MES?

I vaguely remember that this function works, but forgot how: Resource linked to Equipment. UOM Class = Other, UOM = EA. MES / Start Activity, End Activity, report qty 10,000. How to auto capture the meter reading vs. manual entry?

I believe this is done with a maintenance job

@TimRedhed Curious - I didn’t know this was possible to do automatically - I know that you have a PM that you can record meter reading against, but otherwise I thought we’d have to do a BPM or something on Job.QtyCompleted, or Labordtl.LaborHrs + Resource in order to tally up hours and create a PM/Work Order programatically.

Let’s see if anyone posts the solution!

Also interested in the PM Job. I do know this exists, so there should be a way to call it in a BPM.

Exactly - and the trick is how to accumulate hours per machine, over N number of jobs. I’d think this would be a background process that we could schedule or something, like the PM generator or something.

1 Like

I think MATTEC/Advanced MES can do this too. It’s also smart enough to count cycles and not parts, which is important here where a single cycle can produce multiples or co-parts (plastic injection molding).

:popcorn:

If you set the Labor Interface Option to “Quantity” it will apply to the meter automatically from labor reporting.

Alternatively if you have any way to read meters from machines hitting the MeterRead endpoint is really really simple to update the value.

2 Likes

I saw a really cool demo of a product called Harmoni that links machines with epicor. I bet it could do all the automation.

@gingerhelp

2 Likes

I googled that with and without “automation software” and couldn’t find anything industrial do you have a link?

Only thing close I found but their site seems all but defunct?

That was it!!! Thanks Joshua!

Hi @jgiese.wci - that is the correct site for us. Did you have any troubles getting it to pull up for you? We are definitely alive and kicking over here at Harmoni :slight_smile:

I went back to it and now it’s loading fine. The first time I went to it and browsed none of the images loaded and only have the text that is there now loaded.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

Thats the site Josh.

That’s pretty fancy! Can anyone say how this differs from, say, MATTEC/Advanced MES? I see that there is a physical computer attached to the machine. Is that the biggest difference? Does anyone currently use Harmoni with Epicor?