Loading Holiday Labor Records in Epicor 9

We are trying to find a way to add labor records for all of our employees for holidays. Currently, we have someone enter them one by one, using a Holiday shift and indirect codes for the labor detail record.

I have tried an UBAQ for the LaborHed record, but it does not seem to work.

Any ideas or suggestions other than Payroll Module (which we do not want).

Mike

have you attempted to use DMT?

I have used DMT for many things, but I have never found out how to use it to load labor records.

How would I go about it?

I will 2nd the DMT. I have a BAQ to export all active employees from the previous holiday labor records to a csv file, add any new employees do a find and replace on the date and upload. The whole process takes less than 5 min. We are on 10.2.200

Thanks for the input. I guess my question is where in DMT do I find the templates to update Labor records. I have looked in all of the menus and cannot find it. We are on 9.05.701.

Michael,

Here is the basic csv file from 10.2.200 with column names and one line of data that you can use as a template.

HolidayPayTest-Clean.csv (573 Bytes)

Chris

Thank you for the file. I still do not understand what menu in DMT to use to import the data. I have search all of the menus and none of them are for labor records … unless I am missing something.

In 10.2 it is under Production \ Time and Expense \ TE Labor Combined

It may not be the same for E9, but look under production first.

Chris

Ah ha … there is the disconnect. DMT for 9.05 does not have the Time and Expense sub-menu.

Thank you for the input. We are migrating to E10 in the fall so we should then have the ability to do this.

Thanks!

Did you search for TE Combined? The layout for 9.05 is different. I have not looked it up but I do remember the menu system being very different. If TE Combined is not there, then you may still be out of luck until E10.

Chris -

I got the 10.xx DMT setup and tried the template you attached. Do I leave the LaborHedSeq and LaborDtlSeq fields blank? I though that Epicor would generate those but I keep getting error logs saying:

2019-05-31T19:07:55 Company EPIC06 EmployeeNum LaborHedSeq Unable to parse LaborHedSeq

Any ideas?

Chris -

I got the 10.xx DMT setup and tried the template you attached. Do I leave the LaborHedSeq and LaborDtlSeq fields blank? I though that Epicor would generate those but I keep getting error logs saying:

2019-05-31T19:07:55 Company EPIC06 EmployeeNum LaborHedSeq Unable to parse LaborHedSeq

Any ideas?

Any thoughts anyone?

Here is our solution yet to be implemented but will work nice

1. We build from an empty UD a holiday entry table. (You could use UDCodes as well but I want to build functionality into this screen that adds and removes the days from the production calendars as well)
  2. Already every night 1am we have a UBAQ with preproc advanced BPM on GetList run using the export method that creates labor records for everyone salaried (helps feed our payroll 3rd party). We don’t care about the query honestly it grabs top 1 record from company table
  3. When that runs the custom BPM code on the UBAQ would be updated to add holiday records for everyone or just the salaried records from the empbasic ud field. It would use a left join to figure out if today is a holiday.

It’s a bit over engineered, based on @timshuwy post from earlier, I feel like he would approve lol, but this is one of those things I would not want to have the task perpetually live in IT to manage holiday’s for the company using DMT.

1 Like

Ah crap just noticed this is for E9 man… that’s a bit tougher…
upgrade and reap the benefits of 10+ lol ¯\(ツ)
I’m not sure if GetList is fired the same way in 9 as it is in 10 on BAQ Export process. My suggestion may still work but it would be a lot harrier. Worst a dashboard with some custom code could replace the BAQ export portion and it would still work just via manual trigger vs nightly on schedule.

Thanks Joshua. Sounds like a good solution.

I am still curious about the DMT upload. If it works then we can make this happen very quickly and I get an easy win. I just need to know if the laborhedseq and labordtlseq fields should be blank and why I received the error in E10.

Post your csv file

HolidayTest.xlsx (10.3 KB)

Try removing the LaborHedSeq and LaborDtSeq columns. Ensure you only have add and not updated and add selected. You may have to split this into 2 dmt files and bring in the dtls with the new laborhedseqs filled in. Not sure on that but it’s possible that may be your only route this way.

I have created an integration with a c# console app using REST that queries the db table that holds the holiday dates. The app runs nightly and checks if today’s date is in the holiday table, if yes, then it creates holiday records for time and expense. Pretty simple integration.