Linking field to auto populate a UD table

Thank you Jim 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jckinneman@...> wrote:

Menu:Utilities/ Extended UD table maintenance

Jim Kinneman

Encompass Solutions, Inc

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hey Jim, I couldn't find that Utility you were referring to. Any help? 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <michael.cromer@...> wrote:

Will ABL code work even though I am running SQL? 

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <tomdomurat@...> wrote:

I would create a BPM (using ABL) to populate that UD table/field.  ABL code does not change from version to version.

An example would be something like this:

find first ttPREmpMas where ttPREmpMas.RowMod = 'A' or ttPREmpMas.RowMod = 'U' no-error. 

if available ttPREmpMas then do: 

find first UD10 where UD10.Company = ttPREmpMas.Company and 

UD10.key1 = ttPREmpMas.EmpID exclusive-lock no-error. 

if not available UD10 then do: 

create UD10. 

assign UD10.Company = ttPREmpMas.Company 

UD10.key1 = ttPREmpMas.EmpID. 

end. /* not available UD10 */ 

assign UD10.key2 = ttPREmpMas.ShortChar01. 

end. /* available ttPREmpMas */ 

WIll the UD fields that I would add to that table come along for the ride when I apply future patches and updates? WIll a future schema change mess this up? Thanks for the response. 

In E9 you can add as many UD fields as you like to an Epicor table.  Take a look at Utilities Extended Table/Field (not in a system so menu title may be off).

Use of a UD table typically is when there is a parent child relationship where there is more than one child which doesn't appear to apply in your situation.  There looks to be a one to one relationship between the employee and the data you want to collect.

If you truly needed to use a UD table then in Customization mode there is a wizard that will help build a FKV (forgiegn Key View) relationship between a master table and a UD table.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc.

Sorry for the vagueness, I am currently using version 9.05.702. WHat I am trying to accomplish is to have a UD table for our HR people to populate their relevant data. The common link is the PREmpMas table specifically - the Employee ID. So for every record of a employee, there should be a row on the UD table (UD10 is what I am going to use). My data definitions would primarily consist of stock Epicor employee information and the data on the UD table. The business requirement would be that there are HR records that we keep that are outside the amount of UD fields in the employee master table. This would be built off of Payroll Employee Maintenance created to a custom menu item only accessible by the HR department.

We'll need a bit more details on what you are trying to accomplish.  Business requirement, from what screen, under what circumstances, etc.  What version of Epicor are you on?

Jim Kinneman

Encompass Solutions, Inc

Hello all. I am trying to somehow auto populate a field on UD table so that when a value is put into the EmpID, it automatically populates the UD table field. Is there a resource that anyone could point me towards to figure this out? Thanks.
Hello all. I am trying to somehow auto populate a field on UD table so that when a value is put into the EmpID, it automatically populates the UD table field. Is there a resource that anyone could point me towards to figure this out? Thanks.

We'll need a bit more details on what you are trying to accomplish.  Business requirement, from what screen, under what circumstances, etc.  What version of Epicor are you on?

Jim Kinneman

Encompass Solutions, Inc

Sorry for the vagueness, I am currently using version 9.05.702. WHat I am trying to accomplish is to have a UD table for our HR people to populate their relevant data. The common link is the PREmpMas table specifically - the Employee ID. So for every record of a employee, there should be a row on the UD table (UD10 is what I am going to use). My data definitions would primarily consist of stock Epicor employee information and the data on the UD table. The business requirement would be that there are HR records that we keep that are outside the amount of UD fields in the employee master table. This would be built off of Payroll Employee Maintenance created to a custom menu item only accessible by the HR department.

Jim Kinneman

Encompass Solutions, Inc

In E9 you can add as many UD fields as you like to an Epicor table.  Take a look at Utilities Extended Table/Field (not in a system so menu title may be off).

Use of a UD table typically is when there is a parent child relationship where there is more than one child which doesn't appear to apply in your situation.  There looks to be a one to one relationship between the employee and the data you want to collect.

If you truly needed to use a UD table then in Customization mode there is a wizard that will help build a FKV (forgiegn Key View) relationship between a master table and a UD table.

Jim Kinneman

Jim Kinneman

Encompass Solutions, Inc

WIll the UD fields that I would add to that table come along for the ride when I apply future patches and updates? WIll a future schema change mess this up? Thanks for the response. 

Jim Kinneman

Jim Kinneman

Encompass Solutions, Inc

I would create a BPM (using ABL) to populate that UD table/field.  ABL code does not change from version to version.

find first ttPREmpMas where ttPREmpMas.RowMod = 'A' or ttPREmpMas.RowMod = 'U' no-error. 

create UD10. 

Jim Kinneman

Jim Kinneman

Encompass Solutions, Inc

create UD10. 

Jim Kinneman

Jim Kinneman

Encompass Solutions, Inc

create UD10. 

Jim Kinneman

Jim Kinneman

Encompass Solutions, Inc

Menu:Utilities/ Extended UD table maintenance

Jim Kinneman

Encompass Solutions, Inc

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

create UD10. 

Jim Kinneman

Jim Kinneman

Encompass Solutions, Inc