Limiting Customer edit to certain users

Hi all,

Say I have 10 users who are able to access Customer Maintenance and add a new user. Is there a way to limit this further when it comes to editing an existing customer, eg only 3 of those users are able to edit?

Thank you!

Not using the menu security directly. Once you have access to the menu item, adding/deleting/editing are all included and not separate tasks that menu security allows you decide.

Now, you might be able to do something with Process Security - but I know very little about it.

My choice would be to use a BPM that prevents a group of users (create a special “No Editing Customers” group and use the BPM to prevent Updated on customers for that group of users. If they can Add, but not Edit, then you’ll have to fashion the BPM to use RowMod (A or U) to further clarify their access.

If you want to be Customer specific about - eg only this user can edit these customers - then that is a whole other problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Mike, that’s about the route I thought I was gonna need to take! When you say create a group, where would you suggest that can be made please?

I would create a security group like those that menu maintenance uses, add those restricted users to the group, and only use that group in the BPM condition clause.

1 Like