Labour Entries - Posting using the Transaction Date and not 'Clock In' Date

Hi,

I found the following post, which has explained a big mystery. I was wondering why users’ time entries from June/July were posting in May. It was because this is when they last ‘clocked in’ and that is set as the ‘Apply Date’ for the labour transactions.

Has anyone modified this behaviour so that the ‘Apply’ date for labour transactions is the date those transactions were done?

Or do you rely on your Employees to ‘clock out’ every day, alongside clocking off operations and logging off?

Thanks for any insight.

1 Like

Yes, employees need to clock out when they are done for the day. Telling the system what you are actually doing, when you actually do it, is a fundamental rule of ERP systems.

There are a number of threads on the topic of automatically clocking out employees.

If they are not doing this correctly it does beg the question of what else they are missing?

5 Likes

Lots of people on the boards are automating the clock out - but that can lead to other issues.
There is a Shop Tracker where supervisors can look up their employees and see who is still clocked in or active. The jobs may need to be fixed and the employees clocked out. I’ve seen cost accountants review the tracker to make sure supervisors got everyone out at month end. Good news in Kinetic 2024 - supervisors can now clock out employees from this screen.
The other trick is to use earliest apply date, that would be setup by your accounting team. There was a change at some point in the validation, where it now defaults to post the transactions in the current period. If you change it to error, the employees will get an error that forces them to clock out so they can clock into an activity if it’s a stale log in.
Jenn

1 Like

Great idea - thanks. This works as a quick, in-built way to force people to clock out and back in.

Longer term, we will look at automating the clock out process.