Kit Lines on Invoices

I believe sales kit component lines can show up on invoices (often with a quantity but no price). However if you are trying to unit reporting from the invoice detail table, that gives you some duplicated data since you have the kit parent as well as the components.

Sales Order Detail has a ‘KitFLag’ field to easily find that but I don’t see the same in the Invoice Detail table.

Any thoughts?

Does the invoice detail have a refernce to the SO line? If so, check the OrderDtl.KitFlag for the OrderDtl.OrderLine = InvcDtl.OrderLine (and company, and OrderNum)

I thought of that, but thanks.

Then I thought wouldn’t epicor allow you to delete an order (or) line even if it was linked to an invoice?

And, is it possible to create a manual invoice for a kit item and thus wouldn’t have a related SO?

You trying get the costs, prices or both?

Whether the Sales Kit is shipped/invoiced at the Kit Parent level, or component level is determined by settings on the Part record:

We use Sales Kits quite a lot - and I’m only seeing the Components in the InvcDtl table, apart from the odd occasion where somebody in accounts has raised an invoice or credit manually against the Kit Part in error.

In ARInvoice file, there are some fields in the InvDtl table
OrderLine_KitFlag~OrderLine_KitParentLine~OrderLine_KitPrintCompsInv~OrderLine_KitQtyPer~OrderLine_KitShipComplete~OrderLine_KitsLoaded~

I don’t know what your question as specifically asking, so I answered from an EDI standpoint. This is in the schema that Epicor delivers to map from.

This is from 10.1 and 10.2

Jean Montague
EDI Developer
www.linkedin.com/in/jeanmontague