Kinetic Screens not defaulting to Maximum Size - have to resize always

When I open any Kinetic screen on my pc and others, the right side is off the screen.
I have put in a case with Epicor, but their solution is to double click on the top bar.
Problem is that I have to do this on every screen.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?
BTW - when I open Excel or Word, they open Maximized.

This doesn’t solve the Kinetic window not defaulting to maximized… but, that ugly right handed toolbar is getting in your way! Put it back at the bottom where it belongs! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Also, set your toolbar to locked and always on top.

Curious to know what you find out about defaulting the screen to maximized.

This isn’t just a problem with the taskbar to the right
(I did lock the taskbar, but the window still is underneath it.)
This issue has popped up when we were projecting the screen in the conference room too.

I have the same problem.

My PC is a Microsoft Surface and I have two additional monitors. The high resolution on the Surface leads to problems with other programs where it’s hard to read windows on the other displays unless you set the magnification to 200%. I figured the Epicor client was doing something similar, and it might be, but glad to see I’m not the only one (sorry!).

My taskbar is on the left edge of my screen.

Double-clicking on the title bar isn’t a solution, that’s a workaround.

Epicor Support be like:

cast(Workaround as Solution) //Problem solved!
2 Likes

Yes - it doesn’t seem like Microsoft Windows and WinForm applications and scaling will ever work decently.

Luckily, with the transition to the new Kinetic UIs, it should no longer be an issue soon with all access via web browsers which do handle scaling much better.

The browser is nice, but the printing still working on how to handle that.
Hoping the Edge Printing will work, but today, working with someone with old Square Monitors - we were having a lot of issues with having to resized the screen.
I told him not to worry - I’ve been told by Epicor it is not an issue.

2 Likes

@LarsonSolutions - Did DEV reject the PRB with a ‘Working As Designed’ or ‘Submit Ideas, that’s an Enhancement’? Or did support not even write that up as a bug?

1 Like