Kinetic Menus 101 - How can I make every base menu open in Kinetic for my users?

On the base menu item (system), can I make it so that it opens in kinetic only?

Additionally, does anyone have a good section of the help or an implementation guide or something to help me learn more about controlling the form styles and themes and what not in kinetic.

I’ll admit that I haven’t kept up on learning themes and other administrative styling options.

Just make them use the browser. :wink:

1 Like

I did do that for users using macs…

And one of my users uses the browser just because even though he has a client.

In Kinetic Application Maintenance, you can toggle everything to the new UI.

Even the base menus? Do you know where I can find more information on this? Be that help, or epicweb, etc.

It works for every screen that has a kinetic interface available (because, at least the version I am on, doesn’t have all screens available yet). The caveat is that if your menu item references a customization, that one will still open in classic regardless. You would either have to modify the menu to delete the classic customization or add a separate menu item that isn’t customized and that one would open in kinetic.

I find the new zendesk help documentation extremely frustrating and incomplete, not to mention almost unsearchable. However, there is a page with some info - direct links to zendesk don’t work (another complaint) but if you get in there from your system and search for “Managing Kinetic UI Rollout” it covers how to do it. This page on epicweb also has a few useful things on it: Sign In (towards the bottom of the page).

1 Like

I appreciate it, yeah I also saw that new layout and was frustrated so I opened the classic one and pressed F1…

thanks for the guidance.

1 Like

Great post @aosemwengie1!

2 Likes

Managing Kinetic UI Rollout – Kinetic 2022.1 (zendesk.com)