Kinetic Menu Management explaination

I realize that the Kinetic interface for managing the menu has been out for a while.

I am using the browser more now because of speed and forcing me to use Kinetic screens when possible.

Problem is, it seems like a really big step backward taking security ID off the screen and placing in it own process.
Trying to track down why someone didn’t have access to a certain screen required me to open the menu and the security screens and switch back and forth.

It got to the point that I gave up and launched Classic where everything is right there.
@timshuwy - what was development thinking?

Thanks for your feedback as we journey closer to sun!

When I was on Kinetic at my old job, it definitely took me a while to get used to the “new” structure of security, but I have to say that over time, I was finding it better. I also had some moments like you where I had to jump back to classic to do stuff, but that was mostly due to trying to maintain 2 companies, one in Kinetic and one in Classic.

I left before I was really able to build out my strategy, and now I am in zombie 8, but I did get to a point where I was liking Kinetic better.

1 Like

I am not totally sure why these two screens were separated, and it might have been for Duty Separation/security… ie… one person manages menus, and another manages the security.

I would be open to having a new Epicor Idea entered (to get votes), and we can have a discussion about merging these two screens back together.

1 Like

I like the duty separation idea. If one were to add a read-only view to see Security from Menu and Menu (and BAQs) from Security, you might have the best of both worlds.

I made a custom layer for Menu Maintenance with buttons to launch Menu Security Maintenance, Security Group Maintenance, and User Security Maintenance. It’s not super high tech - the apps just open in a slider page - but makes it easier to compare the different security elements.

6 Likes

@wayne.welsch - great idea -
I may try an embedded BAQ which would be linked to Menu.SecCode

One approach could be use of the Publish subscribe capability
I tried creating a context menu choice -
No Luck. Not able to add context menu items.

Any ideas?