Kinetic Data Collection Sign in Question

Quick question:
Is there a way to login to Kinetic Data Collection in the browser without having to type a username and password? Like a cookie or something in the browser that will allow your session to stay active indefinitely? I read about a way to auto-login the desktop application when Windows started… hoping there’s something similar here.

I don’t have an answer but I’m also very interested in this. For our next company implementation we want to use browser almost exclusively if possible, but so far we are forced to install the smart client for MES/Data Collection workstations so we can take advantage of auto-login via Windows authentication.

Face ID and/or Password managers seem to want to have a full URL in order to store the information… it’s looking for a .com or something in the URL that isn’t present when running on-prem.
If you’re SaaS, you might be able to leverage them.

We are on-prem but use our .com domain for all of our Epicor web resources. A password manager might be an option. When we access via the browser we use Azure AD Authentication, so I’m thinking about trying this: Overview of Azure AD certificate-based authentication - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Learn

Not sure yet if it will give us what we are looking for, but if I can get a chance to test it and it works for us, I will definitely report back here.

We are using Kinetic Clownd and leveraging Microsoft Azure SSO via Entra and is working well. Users type their E-Mail address and it prompts for which Microsoft ID to use. They just click on their ID and it logs them in fine. If you have MFA set up it will prompt for that in your Authenticator App the first time.
No issues, and users like it.

Clown Conancon2019 GIF by Team Coco

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

1 Like

Not a typo, lol

1 Like

Used KioWare in a previous company. It worked quite well. - It would launch the page and login if you’re basic username/password.