Kinetic Application with uBAQ DataView adds records instead of updating

This is my first Kinetic Application so I could have missed something obvious. I have a uBAQ to edit some of the NumberXX fields in UD40 records. It functions as expected if I make updates in the BAQ Analyze tab: I change a number, and the record I update changes.

In the BAQ Designer update settings, “Add New” is unchecked.

In the Kinetic Application using the uBAQ as the data view, when I make a change to the number, a new record is added with only Key3 and the number that I updated is populated.

Because of row filters, the new record isn’t visible, but if I try to update the same row, I get an error “This is a duplicate of an existing entry”, even if I change the same number or a different number. This indicates to me that it is only adding new records, not updating. Otherwise it would update the new record it created that has only the Key3 in Key Values.

Any thoughts on what I might be missing?

For anyone searching in the future: My “hidden” columns (Grid Properties > Data > Columns) all seem to have been deleted when I exported the layer from Application Studio in my Test environment and imported to production. Added the UD40_KeyX fields back, marked as hidden, and voilá