Kinetic Admin Console not able to work with E10 instances

I installed Kinetic 2021.2 on our test server today. I expected the normal process of updating the admin console and installing the 10.2.700 extension to keep admin access to the older instances. However thats not what happened… When I opened the new admin console it recognized it needed the extensions and tried to install them but it never successfully registered the extensions in the admin console. When I look at the “show application Server Manager Extension” action it only showed the 4.1.200 extension. The 10.2.700 extension was in the installed programs in the control panel.

In the end I got around this issue by reinstalling the 10.2.700 admin console from C:\Epicor\ERP10\ERP10.2.700.0\SupplementalInstalls\Administration and the task agent from C:\Epicor\ERP10\ERP10.2.700.0\SupplementalInstalls\Task Agent

Has anyone else seen this?
Brett

I wonder if these components are required for you to maintain access to E10. Its in the E10 Downloads under a Releasse.

3 Likes

you got the new release up and running?
I just upgraded a demo server and getting this in the server log:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid column name ‘HideKineticToast’.

Nevermind - I had application server pointing to wrong database :frowning:

That did the trick. Note that it seems to need to have the extension installed before you register the application server.

thanks
Brett

This fixed the problem of multiple application servers of different versions and adding in Kinetic 2021.2. I did not have this issue with 2021.1

For me after installing the admin console and updates for 2021.2 All Database and Application server snap-ins showed in the admin console except for 10.2.700. My instance of 10.2.700 (now I look at) why 10.2.700.3 so that might be why. After installing the RL102700ACExtensions they then showed. I wasted a lot of time on this one…Being in the latest version of 10.2.700 probably would have resolved this…

So for anyone who is missing the snap-in from the Show Database Server Extensions or the Show Application Server Manager Extensions context menu for 10.2.700 then the RL102700ACExtensions should fix this.

Hopefully someone searching for the above will get a hit. :slight_smile:

Thanks @hasokeric

I just ran into this error, but in a different circumstance.
Situation was, somehow a Pilot DB was at 10.2.700.12 while the app server was on 10.2.500.17.

I restored the DB with a DB from 10.2.500.17, re-registered the DB and was not able to connect to the app server in EAC.

So I reinstalled the EAC and re-delployed the app server…still no luck.

Finally I regenerated the data model and ran the extension schema synchronize and then finally was able to connect.

i had to do this as well.