Kinetic 11.3 (2024.1) Pilot Part screen now skips the list view

Anyone else notice how the Part screen now skips straight to the detail screen?
I liked how it started in the list/gird view first, but maybe this is not a popular demand. Does anyone know if I can put it back the other way?

Thoughts?

1 Like

Not popular at all, which is why they took the liberty to remove it.

Yes, but…
It looks like a huge pain. I was hoping it would be a simple event override, however, they went and actually deleted (or never configured) the landing page grid, so in order to get it back, you will need to rewire up the landing page. You can refer to a different screen to mimic how they do it (like Job Tracker).

2 Likes

Had they actually configured the landing page and just hid it, it would have been super easy. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

There are several forms in the new 2024.1 where they removed the landing pages. See below post for details:

This gets me every time. :sweat_smile: :woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

YARN | Tony, no more of this "ready, fire, aim" business. | Iron Man (2008) | Video clips by quotes | 72593b47 | 紗

3 Likes

Can confirm. This is not for the faint of heart, lol. Good grief.

PartLandingPage_Customer Solution_4.3.100.0_062624.cab (3.3 KB)

Ope–I forgot the search. Hold.

There:

PartLandingPage_Customer Solution_4.3.100.0_v2_062624.cab (3.5 KB)

#SuperGoodEnough

7 Likes
5 Likes

Hey all… due to the continued (unanticipated) controversy of our decision (yes, we are owning it)… we have created a survey in Epicor Ideas about how we should proceed. Right now, it is almost 50/50 on two of the options. So… please join in on the fun and take the survey: Log In - Epicor Identity

1 Like

@timshuwy as a suggestion, why not just hide the landing page instead of completely removing it? It would have been super simple for users to put back with an easy override event, but it’s quite a nightmare to restore since it was removed completely. At least in Part Entry.

2 Likes

Why is the most popular option not listed for voting? If you read the comments on the idea to bring back the landing page, EVERYONE wants it to be optional.

5 Likes

Also why isn’t the fact that there is a poll going on being noted on that idea to bring back the landing page? Do you not want the votes of people who want it back?

@aosemwengie1 , @Banderson received an email from Epicor alerting him to the poll. Maybe he can tell us how he signed up for those alerts.

Also, I do not want it to be optional (plus they say in the poll that making it optional would be very difficult). My vote went to Other and I put in the comments that if they can make it be there when you open Part Entry but not when you navigate to Part Entry from somewhere else (basically Open With).

I have to agree with @aosemwengie1 here, that you’re leaving out a very real response, which is “We still don’t want it”. You listened to one side of the argument, and reacted, and now you’re listening to the other side of the argument, and reacting the opposite way. The real solution probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I really think this should have been a specific topic covered in the CR, and work shopped on how that landing page works, and what features need to be present to make it viable/not viable.

6 Likes

Disagree.
Put a flag in company config and then check said flag on form load. If checked, bypass the landing page, otherwise display it.

7 Likes

Sounds like someone wants to work at Epicor :laughing:

1 Like

Pretty sure @josecgomez would fight someone if I tried. :yum:

3 Likes

I always wondered why that wasn’t the response from Epicor- make a customization to turn it off, here’s a “How To Guide” on that.

Or do this

They actually have a “How to skip the landing page” article in their help.

4 Likes