Kanban Receipts for Manufactured Parts

I want to use Kanban Receipts (in my previous ERP system these were known as JIT Transactions) for parts such as raw material cut to length, or lasered components. I’m testing the process in our Test environment. I set up the Kanban Prefix to “KB” in Company Configuration for ease of identification. I created an MoM for a piece of channel cut to a specific length, with a single operation (Saw) and Material set to a specific length of the raw material. When I process the Kanban Receipt by pressing Submit, the form clears, and that’s it. When I process the Kanban Receipt by pressing Update, I get a splash screen indicating the job number that was processed. In either case, I expect to see the quantity f the part that was processed increased, and the raw material decrease. I can see the job transactions (regardless of processing by Update, or Submit) of both the finished part and the raw material in Part Transaction History Tracker, but the quantity of the finished part is not updated in the On Hand field of the Part Tracker for the finished part. Where did my cut to length parts go? Am I missing some step, or some setting somewhere? Any assistance would be appreciated.

The issue was that the “Quantity Bearing” checkbox was unchecked on the finished part’s Part record. Rookie mistake (pun intended).