Job Receipt to Inventory

Hello,

I created Job as “Make-To-Stock” and produced quantity is 6. Issued the materials and booked the labor entry and eventually completed job with COS/WIP Processing.

When I trying to do Job Receipt to Inventory and entering to entered the quantity then System throw an error like “The Quantity entered exceeds the quantity completed for the job : XXXX”

Please let me know if I’m missing anything out there.

Please check quantity completed. Ensure you haven’t received it previously by checking part transaction history(MFG-STK)

No, I didn’t received them previously. Job Completion/Closing Maintenance screen shows the complete quantity is 0

Time & Expense entry??

Hi Sandeep,

Yes, I booked the time and expenses entry actual hour 4.

Yesterday I encountered same problem. I created 4 Jobs & three of them were Make to Job. When I completed the 1st (make to job)Job, I found the same scenario as of your’s. But today morning it showed the completed quantity.
Yesterday I checked all the Company/Site configuration settings. All were right.

Can you show a screen shot of the time and expense entry? According to the job closing screen that you showed, the quantity completed is 0. And you said that you added 4 hours, (which shows as well). So I think your problem is that you actually need a labor quantity entered, not just hours entered.

Thanks for Sandeep and Brandon. I have not entered the Labor Qty in the timesheet entry that was the issue.

The “Qty Completed” is based on the qty entered on the last operation of the job.

Actually I had asked for screen shot of time & expense entry on that day…but in the question only u had mentioned that u had entered labor entry as well. Ok, now the problem is solved. Good luck.

There is a checkbox on every operation called “Final Operation”.

The quantity reported complete at that operation will be the quantity that is available to receive.

Make sure your methods properly specify the “Final Operation”.

Hello!

You can check from the Job Entry or Job Tracker if the final operation checkbox is selected in the last operation.

So when capturing labor, it should automatically mark you on the Job Completion / Closing Maintenance screen in the Complete Qty field. the amount you entered.