Job Questions

Is there a built in report of some kind that will show me the breakdown of cost per operation in the job? For us we have Art, Print, and Inspect/Package. Under print we have the ink and the material. I want to see the costs in each operation in an itemized fashion. I know I can write one, just didn’t know if we had something already available.

Lastly, we have our press operators running up to 4 jobs at once on the same machine. So they log into 1 job, run all four then log off of the job, then log in and out quickly on the last three jobs. Is there a way to log into all 4 jobs and have Epicor split the time among all four of those jobs?

There is a setting in the resource group for that. I think that it always splits labor (someone correct me if I am wrong) but you can tell it to make the burden match the labor. It depends on how you want to track time on your machines. If you have one operator running 4 machines for 1 hour, you would want it to split the labor but not the burden, (so per job .25 labor and 1 hour burden, total 1 hr labor 4 hours burden). If you have 1 operator running 1 machine, just logged into 4 jobs, you would want it to equal the labor. (it’s confusing…) It will split the time (labor and burden) per job based on the weight of the estimate in the MOM

1 Like

Do you know of anything on the report question?

Well, there a job status dashboard, you can group by operation and sum the act costs and get it pretty easily, but it’s not a “report” per se. There may be another report, but I kind of doubt that Epicor has one becuase each company will probably want it chopped up differently. Honestly that’s a pretty easy BAQ to make, which you could put into a BAQ report.

edit: and that won’t have material in it. Just labor and burden. Since it’s up the the company to link materials to operations, and different ones have different theories on that, you will have to make up your own. If it were me, I would do a dashboard. I hate paper reports personally.

1 Like

You should be able to create a summarized BAQ showing the total hours for each operation (or operation sequence?) on a job… use the JobHead and link to Labor detail table but only show a calculated field for the labor cost.

1 Like

Have you looked at the Production Detail Report? It’ll give time/cost breakdown by op. You can filter by job as well.

2 Likes

Hi,

Could you help me understand which fields and tables I need to use in order to create a BAQ that separates actual labor costs by operation?

Thanks

Check out the production detail report. If you go to the Data Definitions and look for that report, you will see the tables that Epicor used and the connections. That should give you a solid place to start.

I’ve not used data definitions before so I am unsure of how to interpret the information under data sources and report relationship.

I am looking to pull the actual cost of each material and the labor costs by operation.

For actuals, on material you need to look at the part tran table, and for labor, you look at the labor dtl table. Each of those will have field for job num, assembly seq, and mtl seq or OpSeq respectively. Then just group and sum to get your data.

2 Likes