Job Entry Change Log

At my company we use a lot of Alternate Methods, however we have no way to know how often a part is run using this Alternate method. Is there a way, when a planner pulls methods for a part on a Job that the ‘Source Part’, ‘Source Rev’, and ‘Source AltMethod’ are reported in the Job Audit log or the Job Change log??
In pilot, I turned on the Tracing option to see what business objects were being triggered and what method name was utilized. Below are the results. Does anyone know how to get this to report?

Erp.Proxy.BO.JobEntryImpl GetDetails Erp.Tablesets.JobEntryTableset 03/09/2020 12:06:47:7454005 PM 0 **** **** ** **

@Sire if I understand what you need, yes, this is built in functionality and you would not need a BPM.
This should already be captured when Get Details is processed in a Job Memo:

Memo Description: Get Details
Memo Text: Source - BOM
Part: [PartNum] Rev: [RevNum] Alt Method: [AltMethod]
User: [UserID], Date: [Date], Time: [Time]

@Rick_Bird In the past, this was being captured in the Job Memo. However, for some reason it is no longer creating memos. So I am trying to figure out why and get this functioning again. Any idea how I would do this? Would this be created in Method, Data Directives or neither? I am unsure what exactly triggers the get details to produce the Memo.

This is standard functionality as far as I know.
Have you checked with Epicor Support?
Might be a known issue or bug with your version.
Have you upgraded recently?

Do you have the create Audit Log box checked in company configuration?

It was a system update that was causing it not to generate. Thank you so much!! You just saved me so much time investigating and troubleshooting! ^.^

2 Likes

Chris,
The Change Log is different from what Rebekka is referring to.
The recording of the Get Details information automatically generates a Memo, no mater if the Create Audit Log is enabled or not. This functionality happens regardless if the Job is Engineered or not.
The Create Audit Log just forces a user to enter an Audit Log Entry when they change an Engineered Job.