JOB Demand QTY and scrap factors

Evaluation of Raw Material Requirements for specific Jobs has shown the JobMtl.Required-Qty is calculating demand based on PROD-Qty times Qty-per-parent, and then using the JobMtl.EstScrap and JobMtl.EstScrapType (which is a percentage)… but NOT FACTORING in Operation Scrap to increase material requirements.
Job for 2000 QTY-Per-parent 5sq-in need 10,000 sq-in
Only 1 materail on Job… Op 10 Mtl-Scrap factor is 10% JobMtl.Required-Qty = 11,000 sq-in

Op 10 has a 5% scrap factor
Presuming that is consistent… an additional 550 Sq-in should be issued… in anticipation of mtl-scrap on OP 10

the interesting thing, the required production QTY is increased by the 5%
OP 10 Est-Run (PDR report) 2100 as there is 5% scrap on this operation
OP 20 2000

Footnote: Currently not running MRP

Is your material related to operation 10?

Brad

Yes… the Material is associated to MFG OP Seq 10

Joe, I would call that one into Support a see what they say.

I would expect the material quantity to increase with the operation scrap.

Brad

Brad -

I would expect the same!
The one caveat is that we do not run MRP… so the job suggestion is not being generated! Even so… processing a MANUAL job-entry SHOULD evaluate all material demand!

Why not run MRP?
While we are on 10.1.400.22, having upgraded from 9 in Jan of 2017… there had been a historical issue with MRP.
The issue on Vantage and E-9… is that the initial MRP run did not fully explode beyond level 0 (top part) on the 1st execution.
Day 1 MRP sees level 0 and suggests a job.
Day 2 MRP now sees level 1… suggests pushing out 1st job and scheduling 2nd job ahead of 1st job, etc… as you move to lower levels
… level 2 demand not seen by MRP until Job 1 and Job 2 are in place.
This is problematic in a ‘custom’ shop, where sub-asm’s are not stocked, along with clients having short-lead-time demands for delivery.
Additionally… historically staff has forward scheduled… disliking the default of MRP to backward schedule (MRP will switch to forward is backward runs out of prod-availability)

I have played with 10 in a test platform, as there are a number of changes…additional fields etc. Getting the entire core-team to review/accept (and change business processes ~ Augh!)