Item code serial number

1. Can I know if there are ways to add-up Serial Numbers to existing Item Code without having to go through PO receiving OR Quantity Adjustment?
  2. How do I track serial numbers that have undergone transaction (eg; transfer item between warehouse A to warehouse B) via Inventory Transfer?

Not sure what you mean about the first question, but Serial Tracker can show information about a serial number. You can also use the SNTran table for a dashboard.

Hi Shantanu,

Do you have track serial numbers on inventory moves setup in site configuration control?

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

yes, i have this setting.

Ok, and do you have part(s) setup for serial tracking on the part master and individual sites too?
With site configuration as above and part(s) setup on part master for serial tracking, you should be getting a request to enter serial number for every transaction on the part (e.g., mfr it, receive it, transfer it, dmr it, etc etc).

Hi Nancy,
Yes i do.

But is there any way to add up serial numbers to the existing item code without passing through PO receiving or Qty adjustment?

I’m sorry Shantanu, I do not understand what you mean. We do not use anything called item code. What is that? Are you talking about mathematically adding up several serial numbers? What ones? We use sequential numbering and alphanumeric types of serial numbers for our top level parts. Mathematical addition is not needed in any way, other than sequential numbering which occurs automatically from serial number setup.

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I understand. I guess need to customize if i need those requirement.Anyways thanks alot for your time and help