Issues with Remapping Events or Conditions in Application Studio

Hello EpiUsers,

I am facing a problem while working with the Application Studio. Specifically, in Example I, am struggling with remapping events and conditions after a row-delete event. For instance, when I want to add a condition or a next event, I’ve attempted to manually shift the arow point to the next event, but not working.

This process is turning out to be very cumbersome and time-consuming. If I need to make such changes, I find myself having to re-create the entire flow of events and conditions. It’s becoming an increasingly frustrating task.

Has anyone else encountered this issue and found a workaround? Any guidance or insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Your shared experiences can save a lot of time and effort.
Thank you in advance!

Regards
Dnyanraj Patil

I face the same frustration as you, I get nervous when making changes to events in app studio, seems to break things or like you said you have to create the workflow from scratch to get the arrows to point correctly to the next widget. As far as I know there is no current way but to recreate the workflow if you are trying to drop new widgets after a condition (or any “behavior” path).

It would be awesome if you could select existing widgets (perhaps by its id) when choosing a behavior like true false from a condition.

@timshuwy is there any roadmap to make app studio less clunky in relation to this?

i cannot say that the exact thing you are talking about has been addressed yet, but I do know that App studio is still being actively enhanced, so you will see improvements. :safe_harbor:

@bconner is the above issue being addressed at all so we don’t have to recreate an entire event if we later decide we want to add a condition in the middle?

That’s a known issue.
My work around is to throw a console-write right after any special node like true/false/success/error/etc.
You can remap the normal lines, so anything that follows the console-write should be easy enough to alter.

I have also been doing this, just hurts to add more widgets that do nothing to achieve something

3 Likes

Have the console-write print out few motivational messages. Then they will have a purpose. :grin:

@tkoch @timshuwy @hmwillett

Thank you for the feedback. :smiley:

2 Likes