Is there a way to find the report server for an SSRS report you create from a BAQ

Hi guys

So I’ve created a report using a BAQ in Epicor 10.

When I download the report and save it to my machine it will not let me connect to the data source it has created.

If I make a change however, and re-upload the SSRS report to Epicor 10 and preview the report my changes have been made.

I’m assuming that the data source actually works fine since I can preview it in Epicor 10 when I upload it but when I test the connection to the data source in report builder it fails.

Is there a way to find the report server that a BAQ report’s data source uses so I can try and connect to it?

Many thanks

You should’ve able to modify it in SQL Report Studio without having to download it down to your computer. That way you’ll already beconnected to the server and the data source

-Jose

Unless you’re a SaaS user… :wink:

I couldn’t see anything about modifying a report similar to report builder in Epicor or it’s SQL databases.

I was told that the data source should actually point to the XML that the BAQ generates instead, I don’t suppose that sounds familiar? I’m still struggling to find where it saves the XML to.

Hmm no there is no XML its’a ll driven from the reporting database. There is no XML in 10 (not unless you force it to)

No worries, I’ve worked around it for my purposes, I downloaded the SSRS report, made my changes and then uploaded the new version for every change I made.

It’s a bit messy so I’ll try not to rely on that in the future but it served it’s purposes for this one time.

Cheers for your help mate.