Is it possible to remove a field from the mobile crm edit form

I added a ud field to the crm app via the zcrm BAQ for quote head and the _custom naming. Is it possible to remove a field? I took the field out of the BAQ but it still shows up in the app when I go to edit a quote.

I’ve not tried taking a field out, but I have to assume that you would need to “re-initialize data services” in the mobile app. I think that will clear the cached data (and that field).

1 Like

I’m curious as to whether you can do this Chris, keep us posted!

I did that and it still shows up in edit mode.

1 Like

So there are three choices on the mobile app - reset, clear and initialize. Shy of the reset, have you done both reset and init?

Doesn’t sound right that if the BAQ doesn’t have that field, and the data has been cleared/initialized - the mobile app just wouldn’t know about that field.

1 Like

ok, so I just did this and it works. Clear and Initialize, after I removed a field from zCRM_Quotehed_Custom BAQ. The field is gone from my screen - both View and Edit.

I did both clear and init and it is still there, would upgrading the crm baqs make a difference?

maybe - but all that does is overwrite the non-custom BAQs. Delete your custom ABQ and see what happens. I can’t think of anything else to tell you since it works when I remove the field from my custom BAQ.

ok - new thought - are your BAQ’s shared/global/multi-company - or did you create a ‘ghost’ baq of the original custom one? this can happen if you’re not the original owner/editor. Go to Updateable BAQ Maintenance and grab all the zCRM ones in the search window and make sure you only have ONE custom query for quotehed.

yes, it is all of those things

I deleted the Baq and initialized the app and my ud field went away as expected. I recreated the Baq, removed the leadRating field and added my ud field. The re-initialized the app. My ud field is now there but the leadRating field is still there in edit mode.

1 Like

“leadrating” is not a UD field, it’s a system/mandatory field. Your original question made it sound like you couldn’t get rid of a UD field. Some fields are required for the REST call and cannot be removed - this might be one of them and is being presented by the code, not the BAQ.

1 Like

Ok, thank you. Sorry if my original question was not clear.

1 Like

no problem!