Inventory Transfer Error

I am using the DMT to do a mass Inventory Transfer. I have about 100 parts that keep getting the error ‘Transfer will result in Neg On Hand Qty’ I have verified the Qty i have is correct. So I tried to doing it manually too and and I get the same results even though it shows qty on hand. Any thoughts what might trigger this error.

thanks Kim

Kim,

This can result if one or more of the parts are allocated to job or is reserved. Check each part and make sure the parts are free to send. Also check to make sure you don’t have Min On Hand for any of the parts.

Jonathan

No min set and I don’t see any Allocation or reserve.

First, double-check your bin and warehouse. Sometimes I’ve found that I’m using the wrong warehouse with an identical bin number.

Also, check to see if there are opened shipments with that part number. If there are, it may cause this error.

I must have made some big mistakes somewhere. For some reason we are having issues with Job Receipt to Stock. We have many that are still showing in the old warehouse location but the BIN was inactivated and ALL inventory should have been moved. When you look at Part Trans History show 0 on hand but the Job to Stock when you pull the BIN show still QTY…We have been reacitvating the BINs to complete these moves. So where did I go wrong and/or what did I miss.

UGH…I hate making mistakes like this.

Same issue the Job Receipt to Job. I don’t know how to fix that one because I don’t see where the warehouse would be set on the Job that is going to is Make to Order.

In Company Configuration (Modules/All Modules/General tab), you can set the default shipping (and receiving) Warehouse & Bin.

I seem to recall what we found is that you then DON’T want to set up a PartBinInfo record for any parts with that Warehouse set up. (You want the company default to flow through & not be overridden by the part set up - but you DO want the warehouse set up for parts being shipped.)

Hope that helps.
Rob Brown

All my warehouses are set up correctly on the Company and Plant configs. I didn’t update any PartBinInfo with DMT. I only used the Inventory Transfer. But we have Jobs that when we try to move to Job or Inv it is coming from the old warehouse…UGH.

Almost sounds like you have a customization (BPM/data-directive or client app) overriding any From Whse-Bin/ To Whse-Bin values set by the person using the transfer app.

I made the same mistake when we started using other warehouses. I had have a BPM run through and update all the JobProd and OrderRel records to point to the new warehouse. This is also how we came into the issue that backflushes and such work on inactive bins, etc… it opened a whole can of worms. I was glad to be finished with cleaning that mess after some customization of the screens to not allow selection of those warehouses and things.

1 Like