Inventory on hand confusion due to idle sales orders

Is there a way to stage a customer shipment that will remove the inventory on hand as well as the demand? We have many instances where an overseas sales order stays parked while we’re waiting on payment to ship. During this time period we still show the inventory on hand but schedulers are making over commits due to the inventory physically being boxed up for sales order. Trying to find a means of removing both the demand and the on hand qty while the orders is awaiting shipment.
thanks!

Hi Jared,

You can allocate a quantity through the Fulfillment workbench e.g. you have 10 in stock but 2 need to be set aside for the sales order. Once you allocate your Epicor starts using 8 as your available quantity. As I’m writing this now I forget the column headers. Will update once I look them up.

Regards

Matt

Qty on hand remains the same but available inventory shows the new amount. e.g. I allocated 9 from our 2,684 Qty on hand leaving 2,675 as available inventory. Does require staff training to look at available inventory though.

The schedulers can also look at the PartWhse.Demand field to see how much is already needed.