Inventory Movement Error

Dear Experts,

Getting there is not enough unallocated inventory error when trying to move one part from one warehouse bin to another.

scenario:

Intercompany receipt done (Po having SO reference) and now need to move the item from my receiving area bin to shipping area bin.

Please suggest how to achieve this as inventory needs to move between bins with in same warehouse.

First ensure the receipt is marked as “RECEIVED” as opposed to “ARRIVED”

If this isnt the issue, check to ensure your stock isnt allocated\reserved.

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.Receipt is marked as Received.From my understanding if a po receipt is having salesorder link the qty is getting locked in the bin to fullfill the customer order demand. Any work around solution as we need to move the parts with in the warehouse after the receipt ?

Any chance the part(s) in question are allowed to go negative? I’d have a look at timephase on one of the parts.

Not allowed to go negative.

Unshipped pack slips also introduce this error. If you have 10 on hand and 6 on a line in a pack slip but it is not shipped then Epicor shows 10 on hand but you cannot process more then 4. I have used BAQs to track down problem packslips to resolve this.

1 Like

Hi Matt,
This error i am getting when doing inventory movement.I received intercompany receipt (So reference is in PO) in my loading bay bin.Now i am having on hand qty in loading bay bin and i need to move the part to another bin…system is not allowing to do this transaction.

Hi Cyril,

Noted on what you are seeing but my post was related it is very difficult to see what is holding onto the inventory. In our case with the packslip not shipped everything says you have 10 on hand so in theory you should be able to ship 10. With a pack slip created but not shipped you don’t see that anywhere without going into the pack slip.

Regards

Matt

Yes.If open packslips are there this error will popup,but in my case system allocates the received qty to the so referenced in PO .Tried to unallocate /unpick but no luck.

In my cases I am either running BAQs against the PartAlloc table or ShipDtl to track down what’s holding onto the inventory

1 Like

Hi Cyril,
I had a similar issue a few days ago, a part that was not actually in stock but was showing QTY1 in a bin. I could not do a stock adjustment because there was not enough unallocated stock. The Allocation workbench showed the part was allocated out to an order. It had been picked to meet that demand. When the part was unpicked, I could remove adjust the stock.
I believe this is advanced material management functionality.

1 Like

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply.For me not able to unpick it is related to a buy to order po ,Epicor functionality is like locking the qty in the received bin.Because of this i am not able to move parts to another bin in same warehouse.

@Jonathan any input /work around solution to move the parts ?

What is the exact error message you are getting and which erp version, I can try to track it down and investigate if there is a workaround.

Hi Jonathan,

PFB error

need to move parts from one bin to another after receipt (Po is having SO link).I found one work around to move from received bin to shipping bin (STK-SHP) and then unpick the sales order. After this i can do normal inventory movement request process and move between bin locations.

1 Like