Import Data into E10 from external source without Service Connect

Hi,

do you have any experience Importing Data into E10 from external source without Service Connect?
I currently have production data stored in a SQL server that I would like to import into Epicor and linked to jobs.

Thank you,

Daniel

There are several options I have used before that are pretty easy.

1 - BPM (can be scheduled to import)
2 - DMT (Using Windows Scheduler or Folder Event Triggers)
3 - REST
4 - Custom Apps using REST or other API methods depending on E10 version

Are you looking for real-time type interfacing, nightly batch, or one-time imports?

1 Like

Thank you for those ideas. I started to look into DMT. My first apllication will be reporting data and I see 2 objects that should help: “Quick Job Entry” and “Job Receipt to Inventory”.

I am looking to real-time. Right every we produce a box of product, a record is stored in a SQL database less than a 1 second later.

You should really get DMT anyways, There’s a ton of stuff that you can do with it. It’s not so much for the real time update though. But like I said, super helpful for sooooo many things.

1 Like

Create an External BAQ to query data from external data sources.

1 Like

Hi

SQL server integration services (SSIS) to monitor a folder and then process the records via DMT - create a loop so that it runs continuous and checks for new files in the folder.

You can use SSIS or Powershell for the FileSystemWatcher

1 Like

Turns out REST is not supported in the version of E10 I have 10.1.400.7, according to Epicor support you need at least 10.1.600. You mentioned in your message that there are other API methods, what would you use for 10.1.400?

Thank you,

Daniel Cardoso

WCF web services or DMT come to mind

-Jose

REST should be available in 500 and upgrading from 10.1.400 to 10.1.500 shouldn’t be difficult. In theory it should not break anything - I find 500 to be more stable once you get to 10.1.500.30.

If I was you and I wanted to start this route I would use REST so you don’t have to rework.

Hi Dan/Anyone?,

I have to do this exact thing. Could you please post some instructions on how to do this using BPM? I am new to BPMs and customizations. Thanks.

I’ll second this. It’s my most used utility. And since it uses business logic, it won’t let you do something that cant’t be done (like closing lines and releases when an order head is closed, or deleting a record that other records depend on).