IIS pool keeps stopping

Here’s the story:

I was re-installing my test Hyper-V to test 10.2. Ran into an issue where it wouldn’t let me create an App Server and the erro was alwasy saying something about an Object reference not set to an object. I was able to get past this little mess by bringing in the host file from my live environment. Once this happened, I then was able to create the App server successfully and run the conversion workbench. After running the conversion workbench, I try to open Epicor and get the message that it can’t connect to the server. So I go back to the App Server and it is stopped. I start it back up and get the following:

Not Connected.

Application Server version has not been verified. Review the Error Message below to troubleshoot your connection issue. It may indicate you need to manually install a newer version of the Administration Console to connect or that it is not supported.

Error Message:

The server is not responding. It may be unavailable or the server URL is incorrect

Got looking deeper and I checked the IIS pool and saw that my ERP102200 was stopped; so I started it. Went back to the App Server and started it. Everything connected. But when I try to launch Epicor it shuts down the IIS and the App server, not allowing me to connect. Like to IIS pool geos from start to stop and the App pool goes from green to red. Automatically when I double click the 10.2 icon.

Check the event viewer on server to see if you can find any clues.

1 Like

I get this from Epicor:
Exception caught in: mscorlib

Error Detail

Message: The message could not be dispatched because the service at the endpoint address ‘MYSYSYTEM/Ice/BO/ReportMonitor.svc’ is unavailable for the protocol of the address.
Program: CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary
Method: HandleReturnMessage

Client Stack Trace

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionUpgradeHelper.DecodeFramingFault(ClientFramingDecoder decoder, IConnection connection, Uri via, String contentType, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.SendPreamble(IConnection connection, ArraySegment`1 preamble, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.DuplexConnectionPoolHelper.AcceptPooledConnection(IConnection connection, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionPoolHelper.EstablishConnection(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open()

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at System.ServiceModel.ICommunicationObject.Open()
at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ChannelEntry1.CreateNewChannel() at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ChannelEntry1.CreateChannel()
at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ChannelEntry1.GetContract() at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase1.GetChannel()
at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.HandleContractBeforeCall()
at Ice.Proxy.BO.ReportMonitorImpl.GetRowsKeepIdleTime(String whereClauseSysRptLst, Int32 pageSize, Int32 absolutePage, Boolean& morePages)
at Ice.Adapters.ReportMonitorAdapter.GetRowsKeepIdleTime(SearchOptions opts, Boolean& MorePages)

And this from the event viewer:
The Module DLL C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\iis_ssi.dll failed to load. The data is the error.

An error occurred while dispatching a duplicated socket: this handle is now leaked in the process.
ID: 2352
Source: System.ServiceModel.Activation.TcpWorkerProcess/51866944
Exception: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The server did not provide a meaningful reply; this might be caused by a contract mismatch, a premature session shutdown or an internal server error.

Server stack trace:
at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.SendAsyncResult.End(SendAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeEndService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Activation.WorkerProcess.EndDispatchSession(IAsyncResult result)
Process Name: SMSvcHost
Process ID: 1736

Unusre if its related but:
https://orcharddojo.net/blog/troubleshooting-iis-apppool-crashes-status-503-after-windows-10-anniversary-update

Also:

1 Like

This seemed to fix the issue. Thanks for the lead!

1 Like