Idea: built in address validation for all address entry fields

If you feel like voting on this please do.

https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KIN-I-4697

2 Likes

I voted. I agree. I’ve played around with third party API tools to validate but the best I came up with (for free anyway) was through USPS and they only validate US addresses.

3 Likes

voted and commented!

1 Like

Thank you both! @MikeGross and @dr_dan

Status updated to “Gauging Interest”

Everyone will benefit from it - here’s hoping for a few more likes.

Voted,
BTW if you have Avalara you get this in Epicor already. It will do validation of Customer, Sales Orders, and others (if you set it up and run it) in case you didn’t knnow.

4 Likes

To add to what @josecgomez diplayed this works very well. One quick note, address validation count as an Avalara api call. Mass address validation counts as several API calls. We learn the hard way sometimes. :rofl:

Avalara pricing includes a bucket of api calls and different transactions are counts as a full or partial api call.

1 Like

Yes I was going to clarify this for everyone.

If you have a test license in avalara for a test site (this is avalara, not Epicor) you can hit that API and I don’t think it costs anything (besides having to carry a license).

Voted! I agree that address validation in ERP assures accurate tax and shipping, increases data integrity, reduces errors, and improves customer happiness and operational efficiency.

1 Like

Only sort of. It would be nice if it actually told you that you had entered an invalid address when you actually enter it, you know how like every other website in the world works?

1 Like

That’s why I created the idea.

1 Like

Oh you sweet summer child. :rofl:

The last idea was expired… it didn’t get enough interest. I know there’s interest though. I feel like it’s just something that most people would expect so they don’t ask for it.

Voted for it and Jose has already mentioned the Avalara (Tax Connect) method that exists currently.

1 Like