Hung Active labor detail

If an employee forgets to end an activity and also does not clock out by midnight, does the system lock that labor activity? The employee comes the next day, and clocks out of the previous day’s labor activity, how does this show up in Time and Expense? What we are seeing is if the user clocks out the next day and clocks back in again, the previous day’s open activity gets locked out and we have to run conversion program 8920 or 8930. How does the system handle active labor details that do not get clocked out by midnight?

Not sure how it relates to your issue but we regularly stay logged in for days at a time. It doesn’t cause too much issue usually, but sometime things start to get a little sluggish.

I agree with having users work the 3rd shift overnight and how Epicor handles these situations. Something must have happened where it was locked out. I’m trying to see what causes these hung active transactions that conversion program 8920 or 8930 needs to be run to avoid this from happening again if this is a system issue or a user issue with not clocking out correctly.

I should also clarify I am in E10.1.400.19

Other than having to fix being hung…

At the end of a shift a supervisor should use SHOP TRACKER ‘who’s still here’ and adjust / correct.
Result: No events as to being HUNG!

What causes it to be hung to avoid this from happening? Does the system cause it to hang after 24 hrs?