How to use Templates

@timshuwy I saw what you were doing with the safe harbor statement and it reminded me of a lesser used feature of Discourse.

We have the ability to create templates / re-usable snippets. Below is how you can do it to use the Safe Harbor Statement.

The Templates are “posts” in the Templates category and staff, and level 4 people (like yourself) have access to create them. But everyone can use them.

To make a new template simply make an entry into the Templates category. And this is how you use it

1. Click Settings in the Composer and Insert Template
  2. Select the clipboard on the right side to insert it.

#Profit

:safe_harbor: FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS :safe_harbor:
The Epicor roadmap is subject to change without notice. This contains forward-looking statements regarding future operations, product development, product capabilities, and availability dates. This information is subject to substantial uncertainties and is subject to change at any time without prior notification. Statements contained herein concerning these matters reflect Epicor’s predictions and expectations as of the date of the presentation, and actual results and future plans of Epicor may differ significantly. The information is not a commitment by Epicor to deliver any product, service, or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchase decisions.

Templates

6 Likes

Might take me a bit to get my head around how I could use this, but nice to know the feature exists.

Thanks for the heads up.

is there a security thing that I don’t have? I don’t see an Insert Templates option (Maybe that is why this feature is not used :wink: )

If there si something you are always referencing or replying… (like @timshuwy safe harbor statement it is useful)

I’m considering making one that just says

“Clarify this , it makes no sense!” :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Refresh the page tim F5 I enabled it and I had to refresh to see it. Let me know if you still don’t

Ahh… there it is! - VERY cool feature… like a “subroutine” or reusable code, only for bulletin boards.

2 Likes

Must be approved by a moderator.

Generally Helpful for New & Old Epicor Programmers

Code Syntax Highlighting in Posts

Genitive Indicis (Index)

Let’s share useful Functions! - Sharing Is Caring :slight_smile:

Let’s share useful (Programming) Resources

Kinetic Code Camp - Bring your skills, or lack thereof… :dumpster_fire:

Experts Corner

Code Review & Sharing

:delicious: Cool, it works. :delicious:

4 Likes

:safe_harbor: FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS :safe_harbor:
The Epicor roadmap is subject to change without notice. This contains forward-looking statements regarding future operations, product development, product capabilities, and availability dates. This information is subject to substantial uncertainties and is subject to change at any time without prior notification. Statements contained herein concerning these matters reflect Epicor’s predictions and expectations as of the date of the presentation, and actual results and future plans of Epicor may differ significantly. The information is not a commitment by Epicor to deliver any product, service, or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchase decisions.

1 Like