How to switch sites on-the-fly in the MES module?

Does anyone know what the Epicor supported/approved method is for switching sites while actively logged into an MES session (see depiction below)?

If there is a trick, perhaps, via maintaining separate config files to launch directly into a site, I’d be more than pleased with that approach, as well.

Thanks to all.

E10 allows you to do this, where E9 did not.

I believe(?) it is a right click on the Blue Epicor logo to bring up a change company option. Someone please jump in and correct me if this is not quite accurate.

Brad Boes
bradboes@boosterpconsulting.com
231-845-1090

Thanks for the reply, Brad.

Looks like that brings up a few general help and interface options, but nothing related to selecting another configured site.

That is what I was referring to. Change Company should be one of the options.

You may need to check that the user account being logged into has access to multiple companies.

I right clicked on the Epicor logo and this comes up.

Brad

Brad Boes
bradboes@boosterpconsulting.com
231-845-1090

1 Like

We certainly need to make that easier to find

@Edge, don’t beat yourself up too much. It’s already a vast improvement over E9 where you had to login to full client with that user, change Plant, then upon next login to MES it would be in the correct one :-:smiley:

1 Like

I do not believe this is available in anything but 10.1.500 or greater.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone.

Dan might be on to something there concerning the version. My company is on 10.1.400.14 - and our interface looks like this:

mes-help-menu

I think we’ll have to perform the workaround that “markdamen” had commented.

I’ll mark the solution for v10.1.400.14 as offered by “markdamen” (but for those who may run across this in their solution searching, try Brad’s suggestion first).

Thanks again to all. Much appreciated.

I know this is an old one and everyone has probably already worked this out, but it seems that you can only change the site when you haven’t entered any employee ID. Once the employee has been logged in, the right-click menu option for change site disappears.

Without Employee Login:

After Employee Login:

Still no way to have this automatically selected with configuration?

1 Like

I am curious as to why you would want to do this, please tell.

1 Like