How to show deleted job material in change log

Hi,

How do i make the system show what material is deleted and who delete it together with date time in the Change Log?

I did checked the JobMtl.PartNum in the change log BPM. But all i can see in the change log is TLEMaterialCost and LLEMaterialCost. It does not state what part number it is.

Please give advice.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Beh

Hello Beh,

The Change Log is just a Change Log and not an Add or Delete Log. Vote up the enhancement request for this feature in the Request Section. Others have created BPMs to log deletes to a UD Table. May not want to log MRP jobs though, it’ll blow up the table size very quickly.

Mark W.

1 Like

Hi,
as Mark suggested,Post Process Method BPM to save the system user, and DateTime in UD fields, i have done something similar on JobMtl Table but based on a UD check box i created.

3 Likes

If you are on SQL Server 2016 or above you get two features to do this as well: CDC and Temporal Tables. Here is a good write-up comparing the two different methods of tracking changes in SQL Server. SQL Temporal Tables vs Change Data Capture vs Change Tracking - part 1

Keep in mind both of these require Admin access to the DB to be able to enable these changes. Also, they will need to be disabled before any schema changes (upgrades).

1 Like