How to review unfirmed manufacturing suugestions with parts that have all raw materials

Is there a way to have Epicor only flag manufacturing suggestions that have all raw materials available? I find our team is wasting a lot of time reviewing manufacturing suggestions that we cannot release because of raw materials. We are an ETO company and by nature purchasing get flagged to order late in the game which causes delays in releasing work to the production floor. Any in sight is greatly appreciated! Have a great weekend everyone!

I don’t know about an automatic flag, but our consultants stated in order to get this functionality we would have to firm the suggestions, then run fulfillment workbench against jobs, and then schedule, release, and print the jobs that had 100% fulfillment available. We are just now implementing with a 11/4 go live date. I would be curious to see other responses to this, since our suggested work around seems a bit cumbersome.

Thanks for posting!

I would start by creating a dashboard that included all unfirm jobs with a subpanel of job materials. By redlining the material requirement where the on-hand qty (probably from part plant) is less than the material requirement. This will
give you a quick visual review.

From that point, the dashboard could be expanded and given additional capabilities like firming the job.

Just spit balling here.

Charlie Smith

CRS Consulting Services

860-919-1708

If you constrain RMS parts and enter their lead-time, your job suggestions will be good.
Thanks,

I would add to this dashboard an fulfillment level or a true/false for has shortage at the top level. The sub level would help explain “why”.
Then as you form a job, release the material and re-run the dashboard.
You can get fancier if needed to see total demand on a part too so you don’t have to refresh to know if releasing a job will affect other jobs.

I would look into the Production Planner Workbench. There is a Production Planner Process you run to build that workbench. You can opt to ignore unreceived purchase orders. It sums up all of the requirements for the time frame selected and shows you which jobs are short versus not at the end of that time frame. It also has a listing of all your part shortages in total. It does require a company to be good about rescheduling manufacturing jobs that will be late (there is a global rescheduling process for this).

It is all an art, so good to walk through scenarios in a test environment first. I’ve seen where we tried to run the process for too long a process (e.g. 2 weeks), only to find out we were short on a part half way through but had a firm manufacturing job that would cover us by the end of the 2 weeks. If you’re only scheduling your lines 3-5 days out, that’s what I would suggest using for your date range.

Good Luck!
Jenn

Just wondering what your demand flow looks like?
i.e. if you are using quotes for initial demands/methods, and/or sales order/job wizard
to manually create jobs/methods
or manually create part revs/methods and generate jobs from those?
And if/when you run MRP, and/or generate PO suggestions?

@Sasha- I apologize for my lack of knowledge, I have only been using Epicor for 3 weeks. That being said, can you help me understand what you mean by “constrain RMS parts”? We have lead times in place so your post seemed like a quick win that we could implement.