How to generate API-KEY

Received limited documentation, Epicor REST Services v.2 pdf, there is no section on how to generate API-KEY. No account was set up for me for https://epicweb.epicor.com and very low communication speeds between the client.

I’ve located the epicorserver, instance, and company id within admin console and IIS. The last needed piece to start making callouts and building a connector is the API-KEY which my documentation provided does not cover.

If you visit the Application Help via Help -> Application Help and you are in version 10.2.400+ there is an API Key section.

3 Likes

I think the Maintain API-Keys function is within the application. Search your menu space for API.

Perfect, thanks. If the current base version is 10.2.300.0 will an update to 10.2.400 be required to make requests to the ERP API version 2?

Yes RESTful API v2 w/ ODATA 4 is only available in 10.2.400+

Thanks for the help, as a final question, how does the typical epicor upgrade process look like?
Is it a long process? Is there built in functionality such as simply doing a few clicks?

Lastly, my guess is that to use the version 1 of the rest api the ERP Epicor version will also need to be atleast 10.2.400, correct?

REST v1 API has been out since 10.1.400~500. So you can already use v1, but it doesnt have Access Scopes and API Keys like 10.2.400.

The Upgrade process is straight-forward, it can take anywhere from 2hrs to 10hrs+, the hardest part is making sure you regression test all your customizations and sometimes you need to create updated packages or tweak your code to work with Entity Framework 6.

1 Like