How to fix a drop ship receipt error

So we have an issue where a drop shipment was created. Our quantity is 50 and the suppliers qty is 2 boxes of 25. The invoice got here and accounting received the drop shipment as 2 instead of 50, and invoiced the order. Now there are 48 more that need to get received to fix the error, but it won’t let us modify the receipt or create a new receipt with the remaining 48 on it. (it won’t pull in the sold to on the order then says it’s an invalid sold to). I re-opened the PO line, and so now it shows the pending PO line, but I can’t do anything with it.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Your UOM’s should have been ‘aligned’
Supplier qty 2
Your Qty 2
BOX-of-25 UOM conversion…

Make sure the PO line, PO, and receiving data line-up.
Invoice shud not have closed anything, unless the UOM was correct to begin with !!
Oh… just re-read… the PO LINE was closed!!!

Perform an audit/trace of the Po, receipt… and Invoice… key-on-the qty’s!
Something herein has everything locked up!

With the data/details… may be able to help!

Has any AR or AP work been done to it?

I have found that if there is a AP or AR group started (but not posted) it is possible to clear out the group to get control of the drop shipment again.

The other option if AR or AP has bee posted is to edit the PO release to qty of 2 and and create a second release with the balance of 48 to process.

Brad Boes
bradboes@boosterpconsulting.com
231-845-1090

Yes it has

That’s what we thought, but in order to change the original release, was have to un-link the PO. But I can’t do that because of the afore mentioned AR and AP work. So if we made a new release it would be for 48 and the original 50 would still be on there. I guess I don’t know how much of a problem that would be, but it still wouldn’t be right.

What we’ve decided to do is to just issue a misc invoice to the customer to correct for the wrong one, and then just close the order and PO short, so it doesn’t mess with PO suggestions.

I know this is thread-necro but I am finally encountering our first data keying error on a drop shipment as well. I am curious if you recall in your issue, did they ship and AR invoice it as 50? Which, still would mean that adjusting the Release quantities would not help because anything further that you do makes the system look like you want to drop ship more to the customer? In other words, if we only have Drop Shipment Entry to affect any receipts or shipments, then you cannot really separate the AP from the AR sides? Or what am I missing?