How to default to primary bin when receiving a transfer order

When receiving a purchase order, the default bin is the primary bin we have set on each part according to the site record.
When receiving a transfer order, it defaults to the default bin we set up in site configuration. How do we get it to default to the primary bin from the part/site record?

The “help” information on the site configuration doesn’t make it look like I can set it to the primary bin.

Any chance you figured this out? We have the same issue.

When you process Receipts. They default to the Warehouse/Bin you have highlighted in Site Configuration and then Epicor can queue up a Put Away transaction for those received goods to go to the controlled warehouse or inspection as needed.

However, you can skip this process all together by using the To Location in Receipt Entry or Set All To Location in Mass Receipts and Epicor will fill in the Primary Warehouse/Bin combination for you.

Edit: Screenshot for clarification
I think this is currently disabled in your screenshot because you manually selected a location. Is it enabled if you don’t fill that in? Not sure if AMM is required for that functionality to work or not.

Chad, you seem to be referencing Receipt Entry, and I have the issue with Transfer Order Receipts. There is not the same functionality in TO Receipts, as far as I can see. I am trying to get the receipts to default into the Primary Bin for the parts, instead of one singular default bin for TO receipts. Any insight?

Sorry, I hadn’t had enough coffee yet and just saw the PO Receipt screenshot.

Sadly, the transfer process is in need of some love from the development team as it’s no where near parity with the respective order, shipment, receipt process that orders and po’s go through.

With that said, it might not be a massive undertaking to make a BPM to take care of this for you. I haven’t actually looked at it, but I think maybe the widget that does the table update by query might work here.

Edit: Did a quick check and I don’t see much of anything related to Transfer Receipts on Epicor Ideas. It might be worth submitting one for this functionality. I suspect others would vote for it as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! That’s where I ended up after digging around. Good suggestion to submit improvements to Epicor Ideas.

Amen brother!

There are currently 25 (not a typo… twenty-five!) Epicor Ideas about Transfer Order/Shipment/Receipt items. I can’t vouch for any individual idea, but this is the kind of thing where we all have a specific need and maybe an existing idea doesn’t QUITE do it, but nonetheless we should look them all over and vote for as many as seem useful.

1 Like

Thank you Chris. Agreed, good suggestion to add it to Epicor Ideas.