How to call ReqEntry.ToDoForm' from button click

Continuing the discussion from LaunchFormOptions - Pass data one form to another:

This screen does not have menu id or dll. i want to launch this screen on button click with dispatcher id parameter

plz help me with code.

I have gone through your lot of threads related to my question.

Are you looking to run this from Requisition Entry or another form?

Answer for your question:

Not from requisition Entry. yes on button click of Another form.

Actually this is my requirement.

Deploy the Requisition To-Do List on a separate stand-alone menu item instead of having it as an action item in the Requisition Entry screen.

My queries:

Is there any direct way to make it as a stand alone menu - To Do List (Base - action item in the Requisition Entry screen.)

My trials:

I am just creating this “to do list” as a separate customization.

In the base , Inside To do list screen there is a button called “Dispatch”. On click of dispatch , Requisition dispatch screen will be launched.

It is not possible to launch this screen by referring menu id. So again i am customizing this Requisition dispatch screen as like in the base (Functionality, design etc). So obviously menu id is created so i can launch the form.

It is a proven solution for this problem (because menu calling is not possible for internal screens in epicor)
Any other possible way to do it. (Direct way )

Since it is a easy task and i have chosen toughest way to get the things done.

Any guidance is highly appreciated. Thank you

Typically a sub form like this must be passed values to know what to open. You also may not be able to open this form directly, but if you can, you will likely need a Process Menu item with the -formName option set.
I would recommend that you DO NOT try to get to that level of automation. Instead, if you need to have the functionality, you may be able to make your own custom screen (BPM Data Form or UD## screen) that calls the Business Objects you need.

Thanks a ton:). Exactly I am doing the same. i am just using UD screen to customize the internal screen. So I am going on a proper channel to get the required things done.

Thank you for your time and replying for this thread:)

One more i am facing one minor issue inside a screen (Requisition Dispatching)- combo control.

In base if you select Approve/Submit radio button , Action combo populated using BAQ and Dispatcher also populated based on action description.

On reject click - Action will be populated from a BAQ (Calculated field) and dispatcher accordingly.

On forward click the same way.

My query:

if user selects "approve/Submit " some value is populated in both combos. “Action” and “Dispatcher”
and if user select “Reject” some value is populated in both combos. “Action” and “Dispatcher” - But the value is previous value is not clearing in the combo.

Ex) If user select Approve/submit . “Action” combo value is " financial requisition" and if user immediately selects reject , “Action” combo value should be “Reject requisition” - Expected Behavior

But my actual behavior is If user select Approve/submit . “Action” combo value is " financial requisition" - working fine
if user immediately selects reject , “Action” combo value is " financial requisition Reject requisition".

The previous value is not clearing.

I tried many ways to fix this issue.

my code trials: to clear previously binded value in combo box
create a empty/dummy data table with no rows to clear existing value in combo.
DataTable dt2 = new DataTable();
dt2.Columns.Add(“sample”);
dt2.Columns.Add(“sampledesc”);
this.cmbDispatcher.ValueMember = “sample”;
this.cmbDispatcher.DataSource = dt2;
this.cmbDispatcher.DisplayMember = “sampledesc”;
string[] fields = new string[] {
“sampledesc”};
this.cmbDispatcher.SetColumnFilter(fields);

Nothing works. Combo box used here is epiultracombo.

You may want to break this into another thread. However, I would recommend you work directly with an EpiDataView and set values that way.

Hi Jason, Again thank you for your time and reply. :slight_smile: I am not using epi binding fields to UD table. so it si not possible for me to use epidataview.

Now i got issue fixed . I was using selected text of combo control to clear the field. Now i used only text of combo control to clear the field and issue got fixed.

Thank you very much .

can u plz check this link? is it really possible