How do you prevent sales taxes on non-taxable items?

The Non-Taxable category needs to be associated to the Misc charge so it is
not taxable. I think a better way if it works for you is to make the tax
"Non-Taxable" category exempt in the Tax Type Maintenance/Rates/Exempt
section. I am assuming you are not using Avalara.
Good luck!
Bill Flint
407-256-5358

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM, kayd.indaco <kay.d@...> wrote:

> **
>
>
> We are testing Epicor 9 and can't figure out how to keep sales taxes from
> calculating on services. We created a Tax Category called "Non-Taxable" and
> it does not have a tax rate. What am I missing?
>
> Kay Doolin
> Indaco Metals LLC
> 405.273.9200
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We are testing Epicor 9 and can't figure out how to keep sales taxes from calculating on services. We created a Tax Category called "Non-Taxable" and it does not have a tax rate. What am I missing?

Kay Doolin
Indaco Metals LLC
I believe your control is on the customer and identifying if they have an exception certification – if you add that, they will not get the tax, however, your issue may be a little more complicated with mixing products and services at specific states

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "kayd.indaco" <kay.d@...> wrote:
>
> We are testing Epicor 9 and can't figure out how to keep sales taxes from calculating on services. We created a Tax Category called "Non-Taxable" and it does not have a tax rate. What am I missing?
>
> Kay Doolin
> Indaco Metals LLC
> 405.273.9200
>
I don't know if things have changed in Epicor 9, but in Vantage 8 there is a Tax Category in the Part master.

Regards,
Linda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kayd.indaco
Sent: December-07-12 2:55 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] How do you prevent sales taxes on non-taxable items?

We are testing Epicor 9 and can't figure out how to keep sales taxes from calculating on services. We created a Tax Category called "Non-Taxable" and it does not have a tax rate. What am I missing?

Kay Doolin
Indaco Metals LLC

The tax was calculating on freight miscellaneous charges for us. To the Tax Type : Tax Type > Rates > and on the "Exempt" tabI added the "Non Taxable" Category as Fully Exempt and Percent of 100. To the miscellaneous charge under Tax Information I added the "Non Taxable" Category. Now this works for misc. charges. I don't know if would apply to services. Eunice Corral
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> From: llowney@...
> Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 20:38:52 +0000
> Subject: RE: [Vantage] How do you prevent sales taxes on non-taxable items?
>
> I don't know if things have changed in Epicor 9, but in Vantage 8 there is a Tax Category in the Part master.
>
> Regards,
> Linda
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kayd.indaco
> Sent: December-07-12 2:55 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] How do you prevent sales taxes on non-taxable items?
>
>
>
> We are testing Epicor 9 and can't figure out how to keep sales taxes from calculating on services. We created a Tax Category called "Non-Taxable" and it does not have a tax rate. What am I missing?
>
> Kay Doolin
> Indaco Metals LLC
> 405.273.9200
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
> (1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
> (2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
> (3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>