How are weekly time entries stored

Hi All,

E9.05.702A

When someone enters their time, in Time Entry, and they do so with Weekly Time entries, how is this stored in the database?
Does it translated into individual records for each day in LaborDtl or are they stored somewhere else?
It looks like they get broken out in LaborDtl but I can’t tell how they are associated so that when you go back into Time Entry, the details are displayed on the Weekly tab.

JOE ROJAS
Epicor Applications Manager
VENTION MEDICAL + DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
Advancing Your Innovations For Health

261 Cedar Hill Street | Marlborough, MA 01752
DIRECT: 508.597.1392 x1625 | MOBILE: 774.826.9245
EMAIL: JoRojas@ventionmedical.commailto:JoRojas@ventionmedical.com | WEB: ventionmedical.com http://www.ventionmedical.com/

THINK QUALITY. BE QUALITY. GO BEYOND.

This communication may contain information that is confidential, proprietary or exempt from disclosure, and is intended only for the use of the individual and/or entity it is addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any other dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return e-mail, and delete this information from your computer.

Sorry I don’t have an answer for you
Just thought I’d mention this in case you didn’t already know about the time base 10/30/1953
Ref old link…

I was working on something similar but had to put it aside.
I probably should get back to it in the next couple weeks & will try to remember to post anything new I might figure out.

Joe,
Just saw this post. Sorry to be so late to the party and I am sure you have worked it out by now.
I’ve taken a quick look while I am trying to work something out with Time entry. The Weekly time uses DataView named TimeWeek, and from what I can tell the Labor Adapter does the work for Getting a new entry, recalling, submitting. There appears to be specific methods for Weekly and detail.

You are correct, a new detail record is created when you enter in a value into the day field then move off or save.

On 701 I have seen some unusual behavior when an error occurs and you get a popup state “valid date required” for the life of me I can’t replicate it, but I am sure it has something to do with changing the date on a record for a day that does not have a time and attendance record.

From what I can tell all of the data is stored in labordtl table.

Hope that helps