HELP! SIMPLE BPM Does Part exist in part Table in Sales Order Entry

Hi,

I have a simple BPM that shouldnt have taken me the entire day to figure out. I want the BPM to throw an exception in Sales order entry if the part doesnt exist in the Part table. To simplify things, i am just trying info message that says true when the part is in part table and false when is not. i can only get it to say either true or false for both real and fake parts. what am i doing wrong??

When i enter a part in sales order entry i get the same message whether the part exist in Part table or not.

driving myself crazy!

To troubleshoot, I’d suggest just placing a message box to display the part numbers in the ttTable. From there query your Part table to ensure that what you think does not exist, doesnt.

2 Likes

Try the following as your query:

Because …

The tt tables aren’t updated until the after the ChangePart is complete. In other words, the tt tables in pre-processing, still have the previous values.

I found this by putting a Show Message block right after the Start block, like @Chris_Conn suggested.

With the fieldQuery of ttOrderDtl.Partnum displayed in that show msg, it always shows the value it is being changed from.

• For a new Order Line, it will be blank.
  • Changing an exist Order Line, it shows the previous value.

EDIT: Your query that checked the ttOrderDtl and Part, would have worked as a Post Processing directive.

2 Likes

I’m digging the ninja turtle e10 theme :smiley:

Its the default theme of the test environment. I actually had someone spend a couple hours entering data into the test environment, thinking it was the live DB (back when the only indicators were the server name and company name in the status bar - assuming they were even enabled). So I made it VERY obvious when you’re in the test db.

I actually added the theme to the live db, so when it is regularly copied to the test db, it is ready to be set as the default.

1 Like

Thank you!

THANK YOU! i would have thought that since it was showing in vantage in pre-processing, it would show to. appreciate the help!

1 Like