Has anyone got a Kinetic Configurator working with ECC

Hi everyone,

As per the topic really. Has anyone got a Kinetic Configurator working with ECC?

Thanks,

Steve

We have here, but then it doesn’t really count if Epicor get it working. The common thing you see is a white screen but that can be due to a few reasons such as irregular setup, certificate issues, etc.

If you examine the process with browser dev tools you should see two entries in the network tab, first eccProcessEWA.php which handles the new and old process. After that you should get a ‘home’ entry with the response from Kinetic. If that is in red or shows any sort of error then browse to that link and ensure you have the certificate, if it has any other form of error it may point you in the right direction.

If you don’t get a ‘home’ entry then its potentially configuration, or something else I’ve not come across

Thanks Pete,

I don’t get the ‘Home’ entry.

I have a case logged with EPICOR but it took them a week to be able to tell me the correct URL to put in the ECC Setup so I am not holding out much hope.

Certificates etc. should be fine as the EWA configurators worked.

It is interesting that EPICOR Support seem to have no clue about how to set this up. Are there actually any customers out there using Kinetic configurators in ECC?

Update (if anyone is interested)

I created a BPM on the business object pre-process to write the JSON parameter file to the log to see what was going on.

Turns out ECC was not passing the company into the parameter. I used my BPM to add the company ID to the JSON file and the configurator now launches. This is, at least a workaround whilst we figure out if we are missing a setting somewhere or if it is a bug in ECC.

Having managed to get this to work, it is worth noting that the configurator load much faster than EWA configurators (as expected) so looks like it will be worth the pain to get there.

I’m very much interested :slight_smile: You did what I was going to try and do with some free time next week. Other than ensuring your company is listed in your store though I’m not sure what else this could be coming from but I can investigate here and see. If nothing else better feedback that a white screen would be useful.

I tried this again yesterday and the configurator loaded for ECC. I then tried to break several things to narrow down the scenarios where you just get a white screen and for me it was only when the configuration wasn’t correct - but then I am in a single store/web/site configuration which keeps things simple. Will try setups closer to production sites when I next can.

In case anyone else has a similar issue we didn’t have company set up in our store.

Latest in the on-going Saga of trying to get Kinetic configurators working.

The configurator loads in an iFrame, but this is a fixed size, so the configurator doesn’t fit and you have to scroll to enter all the data.

Apparently EPICOR support think this is as designed and would require an enhancement request to fix it.